Accounting Assistant – Buffalo, NY
Who We Are: Rupp Pfalzgraf LLC is a law firm located right in the heart of downtown Buffalo that is driven by forward-thinking attorneys who embrace our clients’ enterprising spirit. We are committed to excellence in the practice of law and we value collaborative, human working relationships with people who share our optimism and energy. Our team takes an innovative approach, creatively looking at every challenge from every angle to reveal opportunities for our clients and our employees.
Who We Need: Rupp Pfalzgraf LLC is seeking a full-time, experienced Accounting Assistant to support our accounting and financial operations. The successful candidate will have a knowledgeable background in accounting and finance, as well as excellent organizational and communication skills.
Commensurate with experience.
- Prepare and process invoices, payments, and expense reports as needed
- Assist with the month-end close process and accounting scanning practices
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records
- Process client payments and deposits
- Work closely with other members of the accounting team to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree in accounting or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting or finance experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Experience with legal accounting software preferred, but not required
What Makes Us Different: While we work hard to help our clients be successful, we also like to have fun! We are a firm that boasts a second-to-none culture: regular in-house events including firm lunches, happy hours, annual ping pong tournaments, and community events like Ride for Roswell. We offer a fun, collaborative environment and a work-life balance to give our people time to enjoy life outside of the office.
Our generous benefits package includes paid time off in addition to paid holidays, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k with Firm contribution, potential for 401 profit sharing, short and long-term disability insurance, employee assistance program, ID protection insurance, employee/spouse/child insurance, and an opportunity for a year-end bonus based on performance. These are just a few reasons why Rupp Pfalzgraf LLC has been consistently recognized as one of Buffalo’s Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, familial status, marital status, or domestic violence victim status.