Legal Billing Coordinator – Buffalo, NY
Who We Are: Rupp Pfalzgraf LLC is a law firm located right in the heart of downtown Buffalo that is driven by forward-thinking attorneys who embrace our clients’ enterprising spirit. We are committed to excellence in the practice of law and we value collaborative, human working relationships with people who share our optimism and energy. Our team takes an innovative approach, creatively looking at every challenge from every angle to reveal opportunities for our clients and our employees.
Who We Need: Rupp Pfalzgraf LLC is seeking a full-time legal billing coordinator to join the finance team within our growing law firm. The primary function of this position is to perform accounting tasks to include editing pre-bills, generating invoices, monitoring firms accounts receivable, billing appeals, generate checks and other accounting/office functions of the firm. The ideal candidate must have good organizational skills and the ability to operate in a fast-paced and innovative environment that values collaboration.
$20.00 – $24.00 hourly based on experience
- Ideal candidate will have at least 1+ year of accounting and/or legal billing experience.
- Must have experience working with Microsoft Office (outlook, word and excel).
- Must have strong organizational and communications skills.
- Must have strong attention to detail and accuracy and ability to meet deadlines.
- Manage budgets, appeals, billing, and accounts receivables for certain practice groups within the firm.
- Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to attorney and secretary requests.
- Process write-offs following Firm policy.
- Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner (i.e., multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, preparation of electronic bills)
- Ability to handle a high volume of bills per month.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries, and clients regarding past due accounts receivables.
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Thoroughly and timely address inquiries regarding billing issues and problems
- Create billing schedules and various other billing analyses as required.
- Creates, uploads or prints final client billing.
- Creates and distributes monthly reports.
What Makes Us Different: While we work hard to help our clients be successful, we also like to have fun! We are a firm that boasts a second-to-none culture: regular in-house events including firm lunches, happy hours, annual ping pong tournaments, and community events like Ride for Roswell. We offer a fun, collaborative environment and a work-life balance to give our people time to enjoy life outside of the office.
Our generous benefits package includes paid time off in addition to paid holidays, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k with Firm contribution, potential for 401 profit sharing, short and long-term disability insurance, employee assistance program, ID protection insurance, employee/spouse/child insurance, and an opportunity for a year-end bonus based on performance. These are just a few reasons why Rupp Pfalzgraf LLC has been consistently recognized as one of Buffalo’s Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, familial status, marital status, or domestic violence victim status.